Saturday 23 August 2008

Gothic Arches - Renaissance Challenge


This is my first entry for this challenge and I am calling it Primavera. I loved the idea of doing something rich and glorious that reflected the renaissance period of history but felt ultimately drawn to the meaning of renaissance being re-birth and how Spring is a form of re-birth every year when the gardens come back to life and plants start to grow again. The background is painted in metallic green acrylic which has been stamped and embossed in gold, blue and pink to give me the richness of the renaissance period while the young woman with her basket of spring blooms represents the hope and promise that spring brings with it each year.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Moira, your gothic arch is beautiful!!! I love this idea of Spring as a renewal and pretty flowers blooming everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous arch.

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous arch!